This commemorative plate, circa 1970s, is 10″, cream colored with a gold border. The drawing on front of the plate is reddish-brown. On the back of the plate is a description of the drawing. The plate was produced by World Wide Art Studios of Covington, Tennessee.
“First Presbyterian Church, Batesville, Arkansas, Organized May 12, 1842”
The original house of worship was erected in 1849 on what is now Fourth and Main Streets at a cost of $2,500. The building was 36′ by 60′. (OIRM, Independence County Historical Society collection)