This child’s handkerchief is hand sewn of lace and chiffon. It once belonged to Lou Lawrence, the granddaughter of Dr. W.B. Lawrence of Batesville. It was given to the donor by Lou’s mother Belle McDowell Lawrence. It is dated around 1895. This artifact is part of the Rhodes Collection at Old Independence Regional Museum.
This photo series shows children with toys from the 1960s. Most of the children are unidentified. These photos are part of the Sellers Collection at Old Independence Regional Museum.
This photo shows the moment when Fred P. Kealer received his 40 year pin from the Little Rock District of the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers for his service as a clerk at Lock and Dam No.1 on the White River in Batesville. Witnessing are Fred P. Kealer, Jr., a lockman at Lock and Dam No. 1 on the far left and Louis O.D. Kealer a dam tender at Blue Mountain Dam. This photo is part of the Dozier Collection at Old Independence Regional Museum.
A boy scout patch dated August 1935 for the National Jamboree in Washington D.C. that belonged to Paul Rhodes. He didn’t get to attend the Jamboree because it was cancelled due to a polio epidemic. The patch is 3 inches in diameter with an 8 pointed star. The capitol dome is in the center of the patch. This object is part of the Rhodes Collection at Old Independence Regional Museum.
This is a copy of the first deed in Lawrence County that is dated July 29, 1814 from John Hadley to Asa Music for the sum of $300. “One certain mill and improvements lying on Spring Creek on the waters of the White River and all his hogs that he claimed the 25 of December 1813, marked or unmarked; the mark: a smooth crop off the right ear and an underbit out of the left ear, also one red and white cow and yearling branded I.P.” This object is part of the Wolf Collection at Old Independence Regional Museum.